My name is Paul G. St-Aubin (Ph.D., Jr. Eng.). I am a transportation research engineer located in Montréal, Québec, currently working as a postdoctoral researcher at the Département de sciences de la décision at HEC Montréal and concurrently affiliated with my almae matres, McGill University and Polytechnique Montréal. My graduate advisors were Nicolas Saunier and Luis Miranda-Moreno.
I specialize and am professionally interested in several civil engineering and computer science topics, including:
- Road design & safety
- Traffic control devices
- Driver behaviour/vehicle automation
- Traffic data collection systems
- Computer vision
- Intelligent transportation systems
I spend most of my time performing research, developing automation and user interface software, and teaching. I occasionally do contract work on the side, and dabble in such topics as graphic design, web design, geographic information systems, cyber security, cryptography, woodworking, smelting, hobby electronics, languages, and reading about various topics in philosophy.
A brief overview of my work is available below and a full list of my publications is also available. For more info, questions, or to obtain a full résumé, please contact me directly or, alternatively, visit my LinkedIn profile.
- (2017-2018) Analysis of effectiveness of computer vision on traffic and road safety studies* IVADO, HEC Montréal, Polytechnique Montréal, McGill
- (2016-2017) 4-way stop intersection safety project (Projet pilote sur la sécurité des carrefours avec arrêts toutes directions) McGill, Polytechnique Montréal, INRS, Ville de Montréal
- (2015) Road safety comparison of Canadian and Swedish roundabout merge zones from detailed trajectory data Polytechnique Montréal, Lund U., RRSR
- (2012-2014) Safety study of Québec roundabouts (Sécurité des carrefours giratoires au Québec) Polytechnique Montréal, McGill, Concordia, Carelton, MTQ, FRQ-NT, FRQ-S
- (2010-2011) Highway ramp merge "LCGV1" lane marking safety research project (Projet de recherche sur le marquage LCGV1 des entrées et des sorties d'autoroute) McGill, MTQ